Sakhalin Agency for investment attraction provides governmental support to investment projects on the basis of the one-stop shop (one window) initiated and implemented in Sakhalin Region by entrepreneurs.
The support to the investment projects may be provided for all aspects or for one or two aspects depending on the project essence and the level of complexity, scale and implementability.
The main goal of the Agency’s activity is to increase the investment attractiveness of the Sakhalin Region, to create the most comfortable business environment for attracting investments.
All process may be divided into 3 stages:
On the first stage basis for the work with the Investment Project Initiator is the Initiator’s request to the executive agencies of Sakhalin Region, local municipal authorities of Sakhalin Region, development institutes of Sakhalin Region, Agency.
The Agency is an entry point for all projects as they ensure the consideration of applications, provide initial consultancy as to the application fill up and the development of documents, inform on the available measures of governmental support for the investment activity in Sakhalin Region. It dispatches documents to the industry department of the executive agency to develop a conclusion on the relevant or the non-relevance of the investment project to the investment strategy of the region, availability of the location, engineering and transport infrastructure, condition of the industry branch.
During the second stage the Expert Group of the Investment Activity Council at Sakhalin Region Government submits the application and the conclusion of the industry department of the executive agency to the Ministry of Economic Development of Sakhalin Region to arrange for and conduct and expert review of the project.
Based on the outcomes of the expert review which lasts up to 15 days, the meeting of the expert group is called for and one of the following decisions are passed:
- – implementation of the investment project, determination of the executive agency of Sakhalin Region to act as a curator of the investment project, on the potential provision of specific governmental support measure.
- – negative conclusion with regard to the rejection of the integrated support to the investment project implementation with the indication of reasons for the rejection, to the rejection of governmental support measures.
- – request to update the investment project with the reasons for this decision to be provided.
The third stage commences for the projects with positive conclusion and actually it determines the potential integrated support to the project implemented by the Agency and the executive agency represented by the curator.
Based on the decision of the Expert Group, the Agency and the curator assign persons in charge who will be responsible for further interaction with the initiator in the course of the project implementation.
The support envisages the provision of assistance in representation and defending of the Initiator’s project-related interests in the course of the Initiator’s iteration with Russian Federation governmental bodies, municipal administrations, regional divisions/representative offices of the constituent entities of natural monopolies, credit organizations, organization and enterprises of all forms of ownership.
As part of the integrated support of the investment project the Agency provides the following services to the negotiator during the entire project development period until the completion of the project investment stage:
- provision of one stop shop/one window mode for the Initiator of the investment project in Sakhalin Region in the course of the interaction with executive agencies of Sakhalin Region, municipal administrations, development institutions, power companies, potential partners, etc.
- assistance in the selection of the land plot or the investment site on the territories of Sakhalin Region Municipal Districts to locate production facilities of the investment projects.
- prompt arrangement of negotiations, meetings, discussions, consultations to settle issues originating in the course of the investment project implementation.
- development of cooperation agreements, protocols of intentions between Sakhalin Region municipal administration departments and investors implementing investment projects in Sakhalin Region.
- support in the participation of the investment projects in international, all-Russian and regional exhibitions, provision of information to investment project initiators on planned exhibitions and trade fairs and other similar events.
- support in the development and approval of documents to obtain measures of governmental support as part of state programs of Sakhalin Region.
- support in the development of the strategy to attract financial support and consult on issues to attract financial support to implements the investment project.
- provide methodological recommendations to develop business plan, technical and economic substantiation for the investment project.
1. Minutes of the meetings of the expert group 2019
2. Minutes of meetings of the expert group 2018
3. Minutes of the meetings of the expert group 2017